font-family: 'Italianno', cursive;

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Field of Flowers



Some of you may recognize this picture from a few weeks ago of the Littlest Princess and Agent B riding in a field of flowers...problem is those are not flowers they are weeds....and this is not a weed field it is a hay field.

It is a very old hay field and before it was a hay field, it was an equally old corn field.

Apparently this field has problems reinventing itself and staying fresh and new, a problem I can relate to and so I not only identify with this field, I like it just they way it is.

Not very productive but charming in a rustic type of way, sort of like me only I am more rusting than rustic but you get the idea...

For purposes of comparison, this is what a real hay field looks like...

a hayfield who is up with the times and knows that in todays economic climate, if you want to keep your job secure, you must over perform.....



I left thick tire tracks in all its lushness...


Oh wait! What's this? Looks like you have flowers growing in you too, you over performing hay field you!



Since I only see two flowers instead of two million, I am thinking you will be alright for a while....your secret is safe with me.


So back to our field of flowers that is getting mowed down today to kill the weeds (flowers) and to allow the hay to grow and take over (stupid hay) I know, I know...

I am taking sides, but hey! (Yes I intended to say that - I like punning you)

Down goes natural beauty under the relentless mowing power of man. It's kind of like the floral version of "Bambi" isn't it? (sniff)



Soon, only a few are standing....left to tell the tale...



Wait! I have an idea....

I will save you!

There....

Requiem for a flower field.

No comments:

Post a Comment