font-family: 'Italianno', cursive;

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Of Mowing and Melons




Today has been all about mowing...

My backyard has been mowed right up to the edge of the hayfield it borders




The hay field is getting mowed today for the first time this year.




Its not "early" or "late", as has been the case in recent years.

Rather,
its right on time.

We are getting rain and LOTS of it
(thank you El Niño or La Niña. I apologize for not knowing which of you is responsible)

Know whats kind of cool?

The watermelon and the fresh cut grass smell very similar.

They both have the smell of green.

I am feeling extreme pressure while attempting to take these pictures...

the pressure to share...

Apparently everyone likes watermelon~



I rest my case.

6 comments:

  1. Okay, this is beautiful! You are so blessed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one generous woman...that watermelon made my mouth water and I most definitely wouldn't have shared it with the chickens! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, I am living the farm life vicariously through you, Indy...and loving every minute of it. I can almost smell that freshly cut hay and ripe watermelon from here! Love the pics :)

    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for continuing to share your farm with all of us. We do live vecariously thru you its true. It just looks gorgeous and lush there. Your chickens are such nice ladies. It is nice to see what they are doing/eating/enjoying. Please keep the pics and stories coming. Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    The chickens are so popular - I guess they need their own blog~

    Indie

    ReplyDelete