font-family: 'Italianno', cursive;

Friday, November 1, 2013

FACETIOUS FRIDAY

Isnt facetious a great word? Implies a tongue in cheek "tude"...and all the vowels are in alphabetical order....that word really delivers!

Its a cloudy windy mysterious kind of day here.

My favorite kind.

I also got a good nights sleep so I am full of energy. I have washed a few window screens and made the noon meal and its only 10:30. Sure beats yesterday where I was dragging myself through the hours just waiting for bedtime. I seem to be in a phase lately where I have a day (or two) of huge energy followed by a day of extremely low energy. It is a pattern.

I have candles lit....I love to watch them flicker when they catch a breeze from the open windows. Just last week it was tooth chattering cold here. Me standing in the yard clutching my arms and shifting from foot to foot for relief from the chilled ground when I had "chicken watching duty". We still have our "fox" intruder so for now, the chickens are as heavily guarded as royalty around here.

Most days, the grand kids stand guard. They are all home schooled so we let the chickens out during their reading time. It is cute to watch them reading, BB guns at the ready, while the chickens peck peacefully nearby.


Handsome Son & Dilly have an anniversary party coming up soon. Dillys mom is fantastic with parties....gives GREAT ones! So there will be a wonderful party. I dont care much for parties but I like hers. The food is always incredible, the wine flows and only the best people are around. Yep, she gives a gooooood party.

I always do the decorations, maybe a dish of something (cooking isnt my thing) and some wine. I also usually wait till the last minute to come up with inspiration. It is always something cheap that I can work with to create beauty. I dont spend money on things that are "props" its way more fun to use a can of spray paint and a little imagination.

Last year I did a fruit theme. Seemed kind of apropos since they had a baby (fruitage....get it? )

I went to the produce dept at the local grocery and asked if I could loot their trash bin for damaged fruit and veggies. I found a treasure trove of artichokes, pomegranates, asparagus and my fav pears. I spray painted them and added a bit of twine.




They looked really nice on the food tables in the dark




On the outside tables - we served ourselves and ate outside since their house is smallish- I did mason jars that sat on huge leaves that had been glittered and spray painted.





Since I did all of this a few hours before the actual party my deck was awash in fruit and spray cans and glitter! I enlisted willing help from the kids (what kid doesn't love glitter and spray paint?) But since the party was not at MY house who cared? Bottom line is everything looks good in the dark.

This year I am thinking about going with a vine idea. Just a bunch of free floating ideas at this point.

Fortunately (another "F" word!) the time of year is perfect for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment